Thursday, October 2, 2008

Uh Bidder-ba-Dahs (or, Shame in the Air)

Teena- I want Uh Bidder-ba Dahs
Me- Huh?
I want Uh Bidder-ba-Dahs
Me- one more time honey
Teena - UH. BIDDER. BA. DAHS.
Me- uh bidder ba dahs?
Teena very happy - YESZ!!!!Yesh, Momma you just said it!!
Me- ooHHHH, The Wizard of Oz!

I do not have any even vague clue how this internet thing works. It was amazing enough when there were just those old apple machines that could draw and spell. But now, sheesh! The idea that pushing the right combo of keys can bring an image into my home, man that is wild. Chat rooms, talking to actual people and they can answer you, then wireless. Now you don't even need a plug hole for all this? Crazy! All this is now flying around in the wind waiting to land somewhere?

So I think of internet people as People of the Air. Not non-people, but not real people either. Not People of the Floor, which is anyone that can reach out and pinch me (if they want a Beat Down that is- does that sound cool and tough?). This picture coming up is something I will only share with People of the Air.




These are, *ahem*, my boxes.

The worst part is that this is from the past week. Not say, a months worth. If I were to trip over a Polly Pocket or a stray hair clip and fall and bleed, what would come out would be weird little chunks of beige paste. Which is the stuff they coat with a homeless man's used brown paper bag and call McNuggets. What on earth is a presumably only half crazy adult doing with all those happy meals?
Uh, I may be a bit obsessed.
They released these Madame Alexander Wizard of Oz Dolls last year and I gorged myself on chicken nuggets to get them all. And yes, I know I could just buy them but, well, that would be cheating. Don't ask the logic, just work with me here.
They have been re-released now all just slightly different, and with 4 more! And I MUST HAVE THEM ALL.
Although I must also comment that this round of dolls is really cheap. Plastic chemicals in the baby formula cheap. The hair is uneven on all the dolls and they are dressed in little bits of thin felt, just cheap.
Anyway, these are just my dolls. The girls have been pestering my for over a year to play with my dolls. I have them where they cannot get to them without committing a series of crimes that they are too noisy to get away with. Now that they are out again, all 3 of us have had to eat enough happy meals to acquire 3 sets of 12 dolls. I am highly math impaired but I think that comes to roughly 9000 nugget-pastes wrapped in paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! If you agree or disagree, comment away! However if you are a butthead about it, you may be excised.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...