Sunday, October 5, 2008

Negativity....

Writing the post below was like purging the weekend for me. I realize it sounds exceptionally negative and I thought about deleting the post altogether. I decided not to because, well, our weekend did suck. And I felt better writing it out.

The bigger reason I am keeping this post up is because this IS how it is sometimes. Not all the time anymore, but definitely from time to time it goes like this weekend. When I started this blog I wanted to be truthful and this is the truth. I know so many moms who try so desperately to be perfect and have a perfect family, and perfect home that they lose themselves completely and set themselves up for failure. Adoptive moms I think feel this in triplicate. Women think they have to be that way because everyone else is that way. I have no such aspirations. I figure we are doing pretty good if everyone is still alive at the end of the day. Cats included.

Genea has had a stellar few past weeks. Really, so few meltdowns and so little bizarre behavior that I think I let myself hope that it would stick this time. She has been polite and funny and helpful and pleasant. She has been following rules and doing things without being told. Really good! After writing, I sat myself down to list a whole bunch of the good things about both girls and I will post those later this week.

Anyway, I wanted to add this note. I am going to take the stand that this is a brief relapse. Emphasis on the brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! If you agree or disagree, comment away! However if you are a butthead about it, you may be excised.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...