Sunday, November 9, 2008

hmmpph!

The other day I was thinking to myself, Self, you should write a note to the companies that helped you out on your big trip last week. So, that is what I did. I wrote 2 nice little notes complimenting the employee's that were extra nice in guiding us through travel hell. I made sure to provide as many details as I could remember (post-traumatic stress from traveling with 2 small children aside) so that the actual employee's could be identified. American Airlines immediately sent me a heartwarming form email letter. The hotel at least waited about 12 hours, then sent me another warm and squishy form letter. So, F you both. If I had complained, would I have got a real answer? If I had pitched a righteous fit, what would have happened? The airlines have been on the receiving end of a lot of well-deserved disgust lately, and I expected my nice note to at least result in a nice note back. Here is the delightful, appreciative email in its entirety, minus the greeting.



Thank you for sending us such nice sentiments via our Customer Relations online form. Positive feedback means a lot to us as it helps us pinpoint areas of our service where we excel so we can improve our overall service.

Again, thank you. We regard every contact from a customer as a welcome opportunity to listen and learn. It is a privilege to have you as an American Airlines customer.

Know someone special that has left for college? Consider giving them the gift of travel to facilitate their visits back home. Check out our American Airlines gift cards at http://www.aa.com/givetravel.


Sincerely,

Sean Bentel
Customer Relations
American Airlines

This is an "outgoing only" email address. If you 'reply' to this message by simply selecting the reply button, we will not receive your additional comments. Please assist us in providing you with a timely response to any feedback you have for us by always sending us your email messages via AA.com.


Just lovely, huh.

1 comment:

  1. I worked for an department store that has international locations.

    When someone sent a "Satisfied Customer" e-mail to Corporate, it actually usually did trickle down to our store manager, and they would identify and give recognition to the that Associate.

    Hope that helps you feel better!

    But, ummmm....the advertising bit at the end is a bit obnoxious.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you agree or disagree, comment away! However if you are a butthead about it, you may be excised.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...